Nosara – if your house is full house of old cables, CD´s that never used again, empty printer ink cartridges and do not know what to do with them without damaging to the environment, during the month of October there is an option.
The Hotel Harmony and HOPE have aligned to carry out a campaign of collecting e-trash (electronic trash). Starting in September and now in October, the coordinator of sustainability for the Harmony Hotel, Gerardo Bolaños, is now accepting this type of waste (see list below). "If we manage to collect 4 tons of e-trash, HOPE will not charge us anything for collection" said Bolaños.
According to the Director of HOPE, Mónica Sanders, "we noticed that in matter of these special wastes (electronic), no "professional and responsible" system of collection existed and that these items were being thrown into secret dumps, landfills, or worse still, rivers and ravines". Thus, in the 2007, HOPE was formed.
The Association of Waste and Recycling of Nosara, along with the Hotel Harmony, will be coordinating an intensive campaign during the weekends of November, to open temporary collection centers in Nosara, Pelada, Esperanza and Garza. For more information, contact Gerardo Bolaños [email protected]
Hotel Harmony is located on Playa Guiones, just west of the cemetery beach entrance. E-trash can be delivered to the hotel every day from 8 am to 2 pm. Ask at the reception desk for Gerardo or the shift manager.
- UPS Batteries
- Rechargeable batteries of lithium, nickel or cadmium (NO conventional batteries)
- Beepers, cell phones, chargers
- Ink and toner cartridges
- All types of cables
- Central telephone system
- Mainframe computer
- Internal and external hard Disks
- Accessories: Keyboards, speakers, mouse, printers, copy machines, scanners, monitors (no TVs), CDs, DVDs, floppy disks, mother boards, memory boards, SIM cards, routers, modems, hubs or any type of wireless networking
- Towers (CPU)
- The only types of the white line (electric) trash that will be accepted are: VHS, microwaves and broken or incomplete monitor TV Screens